Monday, March 19, 2012

Caramel Banana Walnut French Toast

Yes it is a mouth full to say and is worth stuffing your mouth with! I decided to make French Toast for dinner. Sometimes I like to also make Stuffed French Toast. Normally I top Stuffed French Toast with Strawberries and Whipped Cream but I decided to make a Caramel Banana Walnut Syrup this time.
Doesn't this look yummy! 


Not the prettiest picture, the cream cheese filling looks a little like a glob of mayo. Now that would be really grose!


Here is the final product. Stuffed French Toast with Caramel Banana Walnut Syrup!

Recipe:
Caramel Banana Walnut Syrup

1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 Banana's sliced
1/2 cup of Walnuts

Melt butter in sauce pan. Mix in brown sugar til mixed well. Add walnuts and bananas. Let the mixture get thick and bubbly. Take off of heat and set aside. You can use a spoon and serve out of the pan or pour into a liquid measuring cup for easy pouring.

Stuffed French Toast

16 slices of bread (I use the cheapest bread at the store because I need to make so much)
8 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
Your favorite French Toast mixture (egg, milk, cinnamon, vanilla)

Soften cream cheese to room temperature. Mix white sugar into the cream cheese. Spread the mixture onto half of the bread. Top the bread with the other slices of bread. Dip bread into French Toast mixture and fry on a frying pan til toasted. Serve French Toast on plate and Top with Caramel Banana Walnut Syrup. 


This was really rich! I am lactoce intollerant and usually don't drink milk but I needed a little after this! I hope you enjoy this recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment