Friday, April 6, 2012

Orange Blondies

I was in the mood to make something with oranges. I love white chocolate cranberry blondies so why not make orange ones. So I loosely based my recipe off one that I had and they turned out alright if I do say so myself!


Orange Blondies

Ingredients:

3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon grated orange peel
12 ounces white chocolate chips

Frosting:

1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
Orange juice

Directions:

1. Melt butter, stir in brown sugar. Cool to room temperature.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat eggs and vanilla into butter mixture.
4. Gradually add the butter mixture into the flour mixture.
5. Stir in grated orange peel and white chocolate chips. (Batter will be thick)
6. Spread into a greased 9 X 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 18-21.
7. Cool on wire rack.
8. For Frosting, beat the cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and orange peel together. Add a teaspoon of orange juice at a time until you reach desired consistency.
9. Once blondies are cooled, frost.
10. Cut into bars and store in air tight container in the refrigerator.




Serendipity and Spice

No comments:

Post a Comment