Thursday, October 4, 2012

Key Lime Cupcakes

I don't now about you but I usually make the same desserts over and over because they are good and familiar. I have been trying to broaden my scope of recipes. I've never tried anything flavored with lime before except a Cherry Limeaide from Sonic. So I decided to try this Key Lime Cupcake recipe. I must say that it was quite refreshing!



Key Lime Cupcakes

Recipe:

1 3/4 cups cake four
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cool unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
1 1/4 granulated sugar
2 large eggs at room temperature
2 1/2 tablespoons key lime juice
1 tablespoon key lime zest
1 drop of green food coloring
3/4 cup buttermilk at room temperature

Frosting:

1/2 cup cool unsalted butter, cut into eight pieces
8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature cut into 8 pieces
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon key lime zest

Directions:

  1. Pre heat oven to 350 F. Line cupcake pans. 
  2. Mix the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside
  3. Using a mixer beat the butter on low until it's softened a bit. 
  4. Add the sugar and increase the speed to medium. Beat until fluffy.
  5. Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
  6. Add lime juice, zest, and food coloring and beat until mixed. (The mix will look curdled)
  7. Add the flour in three additions, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour, scraping down the bowl as necessary. Mix on low until combined. 
  8. Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full.
  9. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely 
  10. For the frosting, mix the butter on low until it's softened. Increase the speed to medium and add the cream cheese one piece at a time. Reduce speed to low and slowly add powdered sugar until combined. Beat in the key lime zest.
  11. Frost the cupcakes and enjoy!
You can make approximately either 36 mini cupcakes and 12 regular size cupcakes or 24 regular size cupcakes. 

I thought I "pinned" this recipe. I can't find it even looking with Google. So if this is your recipe let me know and I will credit you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment