Saturday, November 3, 2012

Apple Fritters


When I found this recipe from Seemingly Greek I pinned it on pinterest earlier this year because I love getting Apple Fritters from the grocery store. I printed it and put into my recipe binder to make someday. Then a few weeks ago I was again looking on pinterest and found a recipe pinned it on pinterest and printed it out. When I looked through my recipe binder I realized that I printed the recipe twice. I guess that means I should make the recipe. It was actually pretty easy to make and yummy too!


Apple Fritters

Ingredients:

1 heaping cup of flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
dash of salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 egg
1/3 cup milk (+ more if needed)
1 - 1 1/2 cups chopped apple, peanut size ore smaller

oil for frying

Glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon milk

Directions:
Mix all dry ingredients together, slowly add the wet ingredients minus the apple. Carefully mix until well combined but not overly beat, gently fold in the apple pieces. The batter should be the consistency of a light cake mix. Once the oil is ready, using a cookie scoop, place a few balls of dough into the oil. Be careful not to overcrowd the balls. watch carefully for the underside to turn golden brown, then gently flip over and continue frying until done. I used a skewer to flip the fritters over. They will cook approximately 45 seconds on each side. I cooked one by itself first to see if it was done in the center and adjusted my time from there. When the fritters are done cooking set them on a paper towel to catch the extra grease. When you are all done cooking the batter, mix the ingredients together for the glaze. Dip each fritter into the glaze and set on a cooling rack with a paper towel underneath to catch any extra glaze that may drip off. Serve and enjoy!

2 comments: