Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chicago

Wow! Jason and I went to Chicago for Summer CHA. Neither of us have been to Chicago before so, we went a day early to look around. Chicago is such a nice clean city and pretty easy to get around. We started out towards Navy Pier where we walked around for awhile. We saw people setting up for the Batman Movie Premier. Red Carpet and all. After Navy Pier we found our way to the Buckingham Fountain. The weather was pretty nice. It was hot like Phoenix except with humidity. As we were standing on one side of the fountain Jason suggested that we go to the other side and get a little of the mist from the fountain. Sounds like a good idea right? NOT! As we started to walk we did get a little mist but then the wind kicked up and we got drenched. I tried to get out of the way but couldn't. Once we were out of the water and looked at each other we laughed. Half of me was soaked like I had just gotten out of the shower (dripping wet, I could wring out the water in my hair) and the other side was completely dry! While walking around we also found some of the best Caramel popcorn at Garrett's. I am going to find out if they ship across the states. I could eat the popcorn all day. I think we will take the kids there someday. There is so much to do in Chicago. We barely scratched the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment